Fathers in the Home

 

Fathers are the primary provider and your family, and an essential part of the family. The world that we live in today does not focus on the importance of fathers within a home and family. There are many families around the world who do not have a father present in the home for a variety of different reasons, that being said the home does not function to a higher level of degree than if there was a father in the home. A family is not going to function happily if only one parent is present in the home. We often times do not realize the importance of fathers in the home until we know someone or see someone who does not have one. Fathers are there to love, protect, preside, and provide for their families and without them, a home is not a home with them not there. I know of some people who have either grown up without a father or whose fathers have passed away and it is not an easy thing for them because they are missing that piece of their life and a piece of their home. Fathers are providers for the family, but that does not always mean that the mothers cannot work as well. There are mothers out there who do work and that is okay. Work is an important part of life because that is how we make ends meet and further our knowledge, abilities, and talents. We should put family first. There is a huge push that fathers are only there to make the money and nothing else, which is wrong on so many levels. This is just as bad as having no father in the home. Fathers are there to provide, but there needs to be a balance. In the Family Proclamation, it says, "Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children." I really like this because It says that it is both parents to have a solemn responsibility over the family along with loving and caring for each other and the family. Marriage is not a one-sided thing, both people need to work hard and do their part because that is how a family works and how a family functions. Together is all a family and a marriage needs. Having a strong marriage and a strong family is so important. Fathers are so important in a family and we should be putting all of this pressure on fathers that their only purpose is to provide and make money for their family. I am so grateful that I had a father who was always there for me no matter what he had going on with work because he put his family first. My husband is the same way, he puts me first in this world, and that is something I love about him. I want to have money so that my husband and I are taken care of and stable, but I would rather have no money and a happy marriage than lots of money and a broken marriage. I want my husband to feel like he is not just the provider I want him to feel like a husband and a father when we have children because that is more important to me. It is so important to me to have a complete family because I know the blessing it is and the love that comes with it. I love my husband and I's little family, and there is nothing I love more, therefore I cherish it more than lots of money. It is so sad for me to watch the people around me throw away the joy and light that comes with having a father and husband in the home. 


Comments