Importance of Gender Characteristics

 


Gender is an essential part of this word. There are different attributes in females and males. Females are a lot more social and want to have face to face contact when talking to someone, when males want to have a shoulder-to-shoulder conversation. Females are more likely to be more cooperative, whereas men have a more aggressive approach to things.  Females’ primary role is to nurture which ties into some characteristics such as reading emotions, tender hearted, and more aware of their surroundings. Males’ primary role is to provide and the characteristics that tie into this role is psychically strong and having the mindset of wanting to provide. There are some girls who like to do more boys things, but that doesn't mean that are more of a male than a female. There are men who are more tender, but that does not mean that they are more female than male. The world that we live in today is creating confusion with gender/identity. Gender characteristics help us understand the other person better. When I started dating my husband, I started to pick up on things that he did that I don't do, which helped me understand him better as a person. He started to pick things up about me that helped him figure out who I was and what type of a person I was. Getting married is the best thing that will happen to you, but it takes lots of work from both people. Understanding the attributes/characteristics of your spouse will help you when you are communicating with each other because you understand how the other person communicates. Understanding the other persons personality helps with knowing how your spouse acts during situations, so you know how to help them. Understanding the other person helps with making sacrifices because if the other struggles with something you know what you can do better with to help them out with that thing. Because my husband took the time while dating to focus on each other’s personalities we are able to help and understand each other better, which helps and grows your marriage. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I know that God created us in his own images and gender is an essential part of his plan. He gave females certain roles and characteristics because he has a plan for them in a family and marrige. He gave males certain roles and characteristics because he has plan for them within a family and marriage. He gave us these roles to make us better people and be the person we are meant to be. The world may be a confusing place to understand your role responsibilities, but we need to always understand that God has a plan for us, and gave us the bodies that we have for a reason. I consider my attributes and characteristics gifts from God because he gave them to be to the person I need to be to build a marriage and a family and use them to give my all to my husband and future family. I am so honored that I was given the attributes that I have to be the wife and mother that I am designed to do because without them I would not be able to be the best wife and mother that I was made to be. This world is making individuals from such a young age feel confused about who they are and what they are meant to do in this life, and that is so sad to me that people are lost about who they are. Knowing who I am and what I am here to do has helped me in my everyday life because I have gained purpose to my divine destiny and plan and why I wake up every morning. 

Comments